8/10/15

Life with Harper!!

It's been a while since I've written in this blog, and there's a good reason for it. Her name is Harper Alexandria Kuo, born 6/6/2014. She's a beautiful baby girl with big eyes, soft voice, and generosity as demonstrated by her constant want to feed the dog, me, my wife, and sometimes other babies. My thoughts are with her and my wife all the time. Every single thing, every single movement makes my heart melt.

BITTERSWEET
While I feel this complete and overwhelming joy when lying in bed looking at you and your mother sleeping, I feel equally as sad knowing the only way I can hold onto this moment is to remember it and keep it in my memories. You are growing everyday, learning a bit more about the world, becoming just a bit more mobile, and another day closer to that fateful day when you'll move out or get married, and our happy trio is back to a happy duo. Of course, your brothers/sisters have not been born yet so we might just keep them around forever (lol i'm just kidding). 

But it really is bittersweet. I'm so happy to just be looking at you, and it makes me so sad that this moment is just that, a moment. That is why I have to make sure you grow up to be a great person, classy, intelligent, sharp, and beautiful so you can continue the path your mother and I have started. We are far from perfect, but hopefully you'll be a little closer to what we hope to be, and your children will be a little bit closer than that, and so on and so forth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment